Frequently Asked Questions
What is Young Living?
Young Living™ is a network marketing company founded in 1993 by D. Gary Young to distribute pure, therapeutic-grade Essential Oils. Since its founding, Young Living™ has become the world leader in cultivating, distillation, and production of pure therapeutic-grade Essential Oils and aromatherapy.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils, known as nature's living energy, are the natural, aromatic volatile liquids found in shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, and seeds. The distinctive components in essential oils defend plants against insects, environmental conditions, and disease. They are also vital for a plant to grow, live, evolve, and adapt to its surroundings. Essential oils are extracted from aromatic plant sources via steam distillation, and are highly concentrated and far more potent than dry herbs.
What are my options for purchasing Young Living™ Products?
You can purchase Young Living™ Products:
- As an Independent Distributor: You can buy Young Living™ products at wholesale pricing (a 24% discount off retail pricing), share Young Living™ products with others, take part in the Young Living™ Essential Rewards Program, and earn commission when sharing Young Living™ products with others. This option requires purchasing an independent distributor enrollment kit.
- As a Customer: You will pay the full retail pricing on Essential Oils. This does not require purchasing an independent distributor enrollment kit.
How can I join Young Living™?
Click on the Getting Started page for information about starting your career with Young Living™ !
What is aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the inhalation of plant oils, called essential oils, for improved physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Essential oils are the pure essence of the plant—often referred to as nature's living energy and can provide both psychological and physical benefits when used correctly. Essential oils can be used on their own for aromatherapy or with complementary natural ingredients, such as vegetable or carrier oils.
How do I use Essential Oils?
There are three ways one can use Essential Oils
Inhalation. Inhaling essential oils heightens the senses and can trigger numerous desired responses in the body. Follow these guidelines when using essential oils for inhalation:
- Inhale directly. Simply smell them.
- Diffuse the oils using a diffuser, which disperses the oil in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The diffuser will not heat the oils, thus ensuring full benefits, as extreme heat can damage important constituents in the oil
- Use with a humidifier. Put a tissue or small cloth, sprinkled with a few drops of oil, in front of the escaping steam. (Do not put essential oil in your humidifier. It will float on top of the water instead of rising with the water vapor and may cause damage to your humidifier.
- Carefully pour hot water into a bowl and add a few drops of essential oil. Cover your head and bowl in a tent-like fashion with a towel. Breathe deeply and slowly.
Topical Application. Topical application of many essential oils is safe and can offer an enjoyable, relaxing experience. For topical application, follow these simple steps:
- Carefully tip the oil bottle and place 2 - 3 drops in the palm of your hand or directly on the desired application area.
- If dropping oil in your hand, rub palms together in a circular motion and then massage oil onto the desired point of application. If applying directly to the desired area, use your hand to massage the oil in a circular motion into the skin. Repeat if desired.
- Caution: Essential oils are very potent and some may be irritating to the skin. If irritation occurs, immediately apply pure vegetable oil such as V-6™ Enhanced Vegetable Oil Complex to the area to dilute. Please read label directions for each individual oil before using.
Internal Consumption. Many essential oils make excellent food flavorings or dietary supplements. To use essential oils for internal consumption, Young Living™ suggests these methods:
- Place several drops of oil into an empty capsule and swallow the capsule with water.
- Add 1 - 2 drops to a glass of water or rice milk.
- Put 1 - 2 drops onto a piece of bread or add to your meals when cooking.
- Add 1 - 2 drops onto a teaspoon of Young Living™ Blue Agave and swallow.
- Drop directly onto the tongue and swallow. Exercise extreme caution when using this method. Many essential oils are potent and should be tested by pouring a single drop onto a spoon and tasting a small portion to determine the amount of oil to be used.
When you click to purchase Young Living™ products, you can do so as either a retail member or as a wholesale member
What's the difference?
|Member||Product Cost||Earn Commissions||Essential Rewards||Starter Kit|
|Wholesale||24% off retail||Optional||Optional||Required|
|Retail||Full Retail||Not Available||Not Available||Optional|
Purchasing as a wholesale member is like purchasing from Costco. You sign up for a membership which gives you many benefits. It gives you access to wholesale pricing, the ability to sell Young Living™ products, sign up other Young Living™ members and earn commission plus bonuses. You are required to purchase a one-time starter kit, but after that you can purchase Young Living™ products whenever you choose with no commitment.
Purchasing as a retail member is just like purchasing the product from Amazon.com. You will pay the full retail price, but have no obligations or requirements to purchase a starter kit.
The best choice is to purchase as a Wholesale Member!
Benefits for being a Young Living™ Distributor!
One of the best benefits for signing up to be a Young Living™ distributor is being able to enjoy the numerous benefits. Here is a list of the many benefits you get for being a Young Living™ distributor:
Save 24% off retail pricing. In addition to your savings, you will have access to a whole range of specials and promotions that only distributors can enjoy.
Essential reward program
- Guaranteed monthly shipments of Young Living™ products
- Discounted pricing on exclusive product packages
- Reduced shipping rates
- Earn as much as 20% of your order in points for redeemable for free products
- Additional compensation and bonus rewards
As you share Young Living™ products with others, you can earn commissions on each product you sell. It isn't uncommon to start earning $300-$500 your first month from commission and bonuses, and quickly build $2000/month in supplemental income.
Compensation PlanClick Here to Download Full Sized Plan
Personal Volume (PV)
Points calculated from a distributor's personal purchases and from any customer (retail/preferred) purchases during any one calendar month. The PV and wholesale price are identical for most products.
Organization Group Volume (OGV)
Total sales volume generated by your entire organization, all customers, and distributors.
Personal Group Volume (PGV)
Silvers only: all of your volume down to, but not including, the next Executive or above. It can also be defined as all of your volume outside of any Executive legs or above (your non-Executive volume). PGV includes your personal orders, as well as any orders placed by your customers.
Golds and above: All of the sales volume in your organization down to, but not including, the next Silver or above. It can also be defined as all of your volume outside of any Silver legs or above (your non-Silver volume). PGV includes your personal orders, as well as any orders placed by your customers.
Starting Out Tips
Tips for starting out as a Young Living™ distributor
Starting your own business is a very large step, no matter where you are in your life journey. Whether you are looking for a supplemental income or you're looking for a new way to provide a secure lifestyle for you and your family, a home based business can open the doors to great opportunities. There will be obstacles and hurdles to overcome along your road to success but there will also be many successes for you to enjoy. If, in the beginning, you are clear about what you want to achieve, your likelihood of success is much higher. Although there is no secret recipe for making your business work for you, there are some very simple tips and ideas that can help you ensure that you start your business on the right foot.
Know What You're Getting Into
Know the potential your business has to be profitable and then establish what you will need to do to create that income. Create your dream team of people you want to work with and the sky is the limit!
Be Consistent in the Little Things
It's the little things that make a difference - focus on hitting a single every time you come to bat and you will experience more success.
Plan Ahead - Establish Your Goals
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. How do you know when you've arrived somewhere if you don't know where you're going? Your business has amazing potential - capitalize on that!
Get The Word Out - Start Making Connections
Talk to EVERYBODY about your business. You have a great product and a great business model! Don't be afraid to connect on a personal level - when you are genuine, people will respond positively.
Remember why you started this business in the first place. Review your goals. Learn from your small setbacks - turn them into successes the next time!
Prepare for Success and Challenges
You will have moments of both along the way to creating your successful home-based business. Celebrate your success and learn from your challenges.
The greatest part about your new business is that so much of this has been done for you - the site that you are on right now can help you reach out to potential business partners.
No matter what your home based business is, or why you chose to start it, know that success is absolutely possible. If you plan ahead and stay focused, success is inevitable.